Welcome to The Society For Employee Relations
Having Problems or Want To Be Your Best At Work? Give Us A Call or Email Us at (202) 681-0150 or Services@societyforemployeerelations.com
Workplace Education For Employee Success
Watch This Clip On Handling Handling Anxiety At Work
- We are the 21st century Employee Relations and Human Resources organization. At SFER our Strength, Focus and Commitment, and the uniqueness of our body of experts will provide you success and the processes to remain competitive in today's global economy. We are the modern and committed Body of Experts focused on providing the highest level of service and success to all our members and clients.
- Our customized and modern approach creates consistent organizational and employee growth, progress and financial profit. Our peerless services are available for organizations and individual members.
- We are ranked as first rate in our services including Employee Relations, Conflict Resolution and Human Resources services.
- Our unique and cutting edge services model is based on analytics, organizational psychology, customization and a humane approach to people business services.
- We ensure your maximum success and growth. Our clients consistently report satisfaction with our services, competence and our unwavering commitment to create success for all. We are experts at using the combination of our knowledge, experience and skills to foster engagement and collaboration, resulting in measurable benefits for all SFER members and clients.
STRENGTH, KNOWLEDGE AND FOCUS- OUR GOAL IS TO CREATE SUCCESS AND GROWTH fOR OUR INDIVIDUAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERS AND CLIENTS
- To experience progressive people and business focused Human Resources and Employee Relations services and support, we encourage you to join our organization.
- You will benefit from our expert and customized services, and easy access to information and online resources for individual and organizational development.
- Our expert services customized for your specific needs will be provided to you at a lower rate as a member. We are specialists in creating high performing teams, and using recognized tools for supporting individuals to succeed in their career aspirations.
- As a member, you can also collaborate with practitioners from around the world on crucial Employee Relations, Conflict Resolution, Compliance, Human Resources and related matters. Collaboration always provides that extra thrust needed to obtain and use best practices and learn methods of enhancing your career, or promoting your organization's success and profit with its employees.
- As a member of SFER, you will receive the most current and reliable support for your organizational and individual needs.
- Our experienced, knowledgeable and humane professionals provide continuous, up-to-date information, proactive direction, and support for you. This will enable you stay current and informed about changes that affect you or your organization, regarding Employee Relations practices, laws, best practices, Human Resources developments and other issues that are relevant to you.
- The Society for Employee Relations (SFER) is a non profit organization. We are unique providers of 21st century, modern and successful Employee Relations, Conflict Resolution and Human Resources services. Our goal is to make employers and employees make consistent financial profit, and grow within a healthy, vibrant and creative environment.
- We are known for recognizing that employees provide the strongest competitive edge for organizations and incorporate it into our services and strategies. Our experts provide consistently measurable and successful services and support using our unique scientific and people based approach to create the highest performing individuals and teams.
- In the 21st century, Employee Relations and Human Resources departments have become broader and more encompassing scientific functions, expected to provide profit and growth for employees and the organization.
- We provide customized services to meet your organizational and employee goals in this competitive environment.
- We champion and create successful organizational design, services and support to ensure that your Employee Relations and Human Resources departments function maximally, and contribute to tangible organizational and employee growth, and profit.
BLOG AND ARTICLES | LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FOR EMPLOYEE RELATIONS AND HUMAN RESOURCES
- 06 NovRead more
Following numerous public revelations about bad behavior in the tech industry, a Golden State senator wants to ensure that founders and funders are in line
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS NEWS AND UPDATES
Our Society For Employee Relations (SFER) News and Updates Are Strategically Designed To Provide You A WINNING Approach To Work And Life.
Watch The Clip Below On Employee Disengagement.
Watch This Clip Below On Avoiding And Stopping Bullying And Harassment At Work
Important Updates For Employers
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission enforces Federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. These laws protect employees and job applicants against employment discrimination when it involves:
- Unfair treatment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
- Harassment by managers, co-workers, or others in the workplace, because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
- Denial of a reasonable workplace accommodation that the employee needs because of religious beliefs or disability.
- Retaliation because the employee complained about job discrimination, or assisted with a job discrimination investigation or lawsuit.
Not all employers are covered by the laws we enforce, and not all employees are protected. This can vary depending on the type of employer, the number of employees it has, and the type of discrimination alleged.
An employee or job applicant who believes that he or she has been discriminated against at work can file an EEOC Complaint. All of the laws enforced by EEOC, except for the Equal Pay Act, require employees and applicants to file a Charge of Discrimination with us before they can file a job discrimination lawsuit against their employer. Also, there are strict time limits for filing a charge.
The fact that the EEOC has taken a charge does not mean that the government is accusing anyone of discrimination. The charging party has alleged that an employer has discriminated against him or her and it is the EEOC's job to investigate the matter to determine whether there is reasonable cause to believe that discrimination has occurred.
The laws enforced by EEOC require employers to keep certain records, regardless of whether a charge has been filed against them. When a charge has been filed, employers have additional recordkeeping obligations. The EEOC also collects workforce data from some employers, regardless of whether a charge has been filed against the company.
Employers are required to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.